The Bengtsår camping island offers a variety of services to those who have made a reservation, including kitchen services, sauna and canoe excursions.
Services in the summer
Campers have access to:
- A large sports field.
- Various recreational equipment such as canoes, kayaks, dinghies and pedal boats.
- Various outdoor game equipment, a disc golf course and discs, and nature observation tools, including binoculars.
- You can also borrow disco and karaoke equipment for the camping area.
- Activity packages for independent activities such as photo orienteering in Bengtsår and the Baltic Sea nature trail.
The island also has the Beach and Seaside Saunas, which can also be used for accommodation in the winter, as well as a nature trail, two lean-tos and a hut. A former cowshed has been renovated as a venue for parties and discos.
Sauna and canoe excursion reservations
Reservations are accepted after the release of the spring season newsletter. To make a reservation, please fill in the advance booking form for the services and send it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.Bengtsår: advance booking of services (summer activities) (in Finnish)
During dinner, all campers are provided with basic food items for making breakfast and evening snack, and more supplies are distributed during the camp. Camp meals are prepared in the kitchen and delivered to each camping area to be served by campers themselves.
- On the main island, the camp meals are delivered to the camping areas, and the containers for the previous meal are collected at the same time. Lunch is delivered between 11:00 and 11:30 and dinner between 16:00 and 16:30 (special needs and wishes must be agreed separately for each camp with the kitchen manager).
- Barnholm and Aspholm campers must pick up their meals at the boathouse pick-up point, where meals are delivered in thermal food containers: the pick-up time for lunch is 11:30, and for dinner 16:30.
- All campers must bring their own cutlery and tableware.
- Any special arrangements must be agreed with the kitchen manager well in advance.
The kitchen manager must be notified of the exact number of diners, allergies and special diets no later than two weeks (2) before the campers’ arrival. Please fill in the meal information form and send it by email to email@example.com
On arrival on the island, please contact the kitchen manager as soon as possible to agree more specific details. The kitchen manager is on duty from 9 to 11 and from 14 to 16, tel. +358 9 310 891 38. If you have problems in the evening, please contact the island’s on-call worker, tel. +358 50 559 1729.
- All campers must bring their own cutlery and tableware. Those who wish to use the kitchen services must discuss their needs with the island’s kitchen manager well in advance.
- In case of doubt, please contact our kitchen manager in advance at +358 09 310 89138. The kitchen manager can be reached between 16 May and 15 August.
The Bengtsår camping island serves a climate-friendly menu. The contribution of food to the climate impacts from consumption is approximately equivalent to that of transport or housing. With our climate-friendly menu, we want to make the impacts of diets on the climate visible and encourage everyone to be aware of them. Climate-friendly food is also good for the heart.
You can watch a presentation video about the climate-friendly menu here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlXO7SWpS4
The island’s connection boat operates every day between 1 June and 11 August, except for Midsummer when it only operates between 8:40 and 14:50. The departure times are listed for the island’s main beach, and the boat arrives on the mainland around 10 minutes later. The boat sets out to return to the island immediately after visiting the mainland.
All the camps travelling to and leaving the island must agree their arrival and departure schedules separately, as well as their other transport needs.
The motorboats available to camps are kept at the main pier of the island. They can be used for small-scale transport by camps and can be borrowed at the island’s information point (like other pieces of equipment). The boats are equipped with an electric outboard motor, and campers are always provided with guidance before the boat is handed over to them.