Booking Malminkartano facilities
Please notice that it is not possible to make new reservations for summer time.
The facilities may also be booked for individual events or regular use.
Facility reservations are primarily granted to Helsinki-based youth groups and youth organisations, which can use the facilities free of charge. The facilities can also be booked and rented for other use, in which case the fee is determined according to the pricing approved by the Youth Committee. The facility usage fees for the next year are confirmed in the spring of the previous year.
Facilities can be booked both for individual events and regular use. For individual reservations, please contact us at least two weeks before the desired date.
If you are interested in booking facilities, follow the instructions below:
- Check the available time slots with an e-mail inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Services’ services and use of its facilities are allocated according to the list below:
- Activities of registered Helsinki-based organisations and associations
- Independent group activities and civic activities of Helsinki residents and communities.
- Afternoon activities of schoolchildren in accordance with the Basic Education Act, group and individual instruction in basic education in the arts and group activities promoting integration. The activities of educational institutions aimed at persons under 29 years of age are always free of charge.
- Own operations of the City of Helsinki’s divisions and the City Executive Office.
Use subject to a fee: According to the price list
- Religious groups and communities
- Companies like corporations etc.
- All kind of private events
- Please contact Malminkartano Youth Centre, preferably by e-mail (email@example.com), and tell us when you will need the facility/facilities.
- You can print out a reservation request here or request a reservation by e-mail. Fill in, sign and scan the reservation application and send it to us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the youth centre at the address: Malminkartano Youth Centre, Piianpolku 3–5, 00410 Helsinki.
Instructions for youth centres
During the handover of the key, an individual over the age of 18 signs an agreement on the independent use of the facilities with Youth Services.
Please note that several groups may use the building at the same time, and reserving the entire building for private use is only possible in exceptional cases. As different rooms of the building may be in use simultaneously, this means that everyone has access to the common areas.
The facilities are accessible and include an accessible toilet.
The wireless networks are: StadiNet, munstadi or the City of Helsinki’s Wi-Fi.
The youth centre and its yard areas are substance-free areas, and we follow the principles of the Smoke-free Helsinki programme. We require all users to sort their waste.
Cancellation terms for facility reservations and amendment of the price
Facility reservations may be cancelled free of charge two weeks before the reservation is scheduled to start. Cancellations made later are subject to a cancellation fee of €50. In the event of failure to cancel an unused permanent reservation twice in a row, Youth Services have the right to cancel the reservation until the end of the operating period.
The division director may, for a justified reason, decide to amend the price in the final minutes prepared by the office holder if requested by an applicant in writing.