Vartiosaari camping area, details and equipment
The camping area is located on Vartiosaari island in eastern Helsinki, near Laajasalo and Tammisalo. The area is intended for use by Helsinki-based youth organisations, youth groups and the municipality’s residents for various camps and events.
Main building of Furubacka
- The heart of the camping area is the old two-storey Villa Furubacka. The main building includes accommodation rooms for sixteen (16) people
- The lower floor of the main building features a vestibule, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room and one accommodation room. Upstairs, there are three accommodation rooms furnished with beds. Additionally, there is one indoor shower on the lower floor of the main building.
- Downstairs, there is one accommodation room accessed from the living room. The room can accommodate four overnight visitors.
- Upstairs, there are three separate accommodation rooms that have room for a total of twelve (12) overnight visitors. The rooms are intended for three, four and five people, respectively.
- • This fully equipped kitchen includes a convection oven, a refrigerator, a microwave, a coffee maker, an electric kettle and a dishwasher as well as cooking and eating utensils for roughly 20 people.
- There is a dining space in the main building’s kitchen, in addition to which the villa’s lower lobby has a second large table for meals eaten indoors.
- If the weather is good, meals can be eaten outside using the garden furniture.
Yard area and recreational equipment
- The yard of the camping area around Furubacka is quite large, allowing for yard games and spending time outside.
- The yard has a direct route to the beach and sauna as well as the grill shelter located near them. The wood-heated floating sauna has room for roughly five sauna bathers at a time. There is no running water or a separate washroom in the sauna
- The outhouses, i.e. dry toilets, are also located in the yard area.
- Various recreational equipment, such as canoes, kayaks, dinghies and pedalos.
- Various equipment such as pedalos, balls, Mölkky pins, etc.