Apply for a slot
One or more slots can be applied for by using the Youth Services’ forms. The facility rent prices have been approved by the Youth Committee. Youth organisations and groups based in Helsinki are prioritised when allocating the slots, and the slots are free for these groups.
- Applications for next year’s camp and course centre slots must be submitted by 15 September (if the deadline is a Saturday or a public holiday, the application period ends on the previous weekday).
- Applications for facility reservations for next year’s day camps at the youth facilities must be submitted by 15 September (if the deadline is a Saturday or a public holiday, the application period ends on the previous weekday).
- Applications for regular slots at the youth facilities during the autumn–spring term must be submitted by the last weekday of April.
When filling in the form, please include the following information:
- The full name of your group/association, the person in charge and the registration number/business ID/personal identity number, if applicable.
- Your first and second choice for a slot, and any other suitable times, if applicable.
- The name of the facility, if not already included in the application form, and any other suitable facilities in case your preferred choice is fully booked.
- The nature of the event for which the slot is applied for.
The use of the facilities and the services are divided into two categories: free and paid.
Slots can be applied for with the facility usage application form.
The Youth Services’ other facilities, newsletter for associations and grants
Book facilities for activities
The City of Helsinki has youth centres, as well as course and camp centres, around the city, and young people, youth groups and associations can apply for slots to use these for day camps, for example.
The Partnership Unit’s newsletter for associations
The electronic newsletter for associations, released four times a year, informs associations and youth groups about grants and other services, and conveys current news about the Youth Services.
Financial support for youth activities
The City provides annual support to Helsinki-based early adolescence and youth associations, associations’ early adolescence and youth divisions, as well as youth groups. Support is granted in the form of annual grants – i.e. operating grants, hiring grants and holiday camp grants – as well as project grants, which can be applied for year round.